Jennifer practises in the following areas:
- Property and Development
- Corporate and Commercial
- Business Law
- Probate, Succession, Estate Planning and Estate Litigation
- Private Client.
She has been with Harris & Company since 1990 and in private practice since 1983.
Jennifer is a highly experienced property lawyer with expertise in the areas of property development and residential and commercial conveyancing.
Jennifer has acted for developers of residential and commercial estates, from acquisition of the development site through to “off the plan” sales and settlements. This work has included drafting easements, covenants, strata management statements and strata by-laws and includes the following :
- Community Title development of the Old Schoolhouse at Naremburn including 2 strata plans of 20 apartments each and 8 townhouses. Included drafting Community Management Statement, easements and the sale of all properties.
- Joint Venture for the development of 31 lots in Kellyville Ridge including preparation of the Joint Venture Agreement, drafting easements and acting on the sale of the lots in 2 stages. For a different client acted on the development of 32 lots in Kellyville Ridge including drafting easements and the sale of all lots.
- Community Title development in Warriewood including 17 town houses in stage 1, 14 town houses in stage 2, a commercial lot and 8 townhouses in stage 3.
- Development in Narrabeen where units were built on top of shops including 16 apartments and 10 shops. This project also involved the retail leasing of the shops and the subsequent sale of the shops in one line. For the same client she acted in relation to the development and off the plan sales of a new residential building at Narrabeen including 45 units, 3 commercial units and 2 retail shops.
- Development of a shopping centre know as Lakewood Plaza near Laurieton including the Retail Leasing and subsequent sale of the Centre.
- Acquisition of the building at 69 Christie Street St Leonards including strata subdivision and subsequent sale of 62 commercial lots. This included the drafting of complicated by laws for fit out where the occupiers were primarily medical practitioners.
- Redevelopment of the Old Mill at Chipping Norton into 20 industrial units and their subsequent leasing and sale.Acquisition of Cremorne Town Centre and its strata conversion into apartments and retail and commercial lots including drafting Strata Management Statement and all easements and By-Laws for the 2 strata plans. Subsequent sale of apartments ant 73 retail lots.
- Development of 1-15 Francis Street (Lumina Apartments) with 130 units. This matter included the termination of a strata scheme prior to commencement of the development.
- Development of Hillsdale Town Centre including drafting Strata Management Agreement, Agreements for Lease and Leases of the Retail section, various easements and Strata By-Laws and the sale of 116 residential units.
- Sale of a shopping Centre and a Retirement Village.
- Development of the Mandarin Centre at Chatswood including Agreements for Lease and Leases to anchor tenants.
In addition, Jennifer has experience in all areas of conveyancing including company title sales and purchases, old system title conveyancing , rural conveyancing and the conversion of old system titles.
Jennifer also regularly advises clients in relation to commercial leasing, retail leasing and the sale and purchase of businesses, liquor licensing and the preparation of wills and probate and estate administration.