Harris & Company has acted for numerous clients in relation to their planning and environment law issues. Our work within the private sector has enabled us to provide our clients with practical, strategic and knowledgeable advice in relation to environmental and planning issues.
In addition to providing advice on planning and environmental issues, we have a strong litigation and dispute resolution practice within the planning and environment sphere.
Our planning and environment group provides legal services in relation to:
- obtaining, defending and challenging consents, permits, licences and other approvals;
- interpreting planning controls and other regulatory requirements;
- environmental and planning and other prosecutions;
- environmental compliance and due diligence;
- tribunal and court proceedings, including appeals and alternate dispute resolution;
- resumptions, land compensation and the valuation of land;
- heritage laws;
- native vegetation and threatened species legislation;
- the law and practice of government administration; and
- other areas of the law concerning the use, development and management of land and resources and the carrying out of infrastructure projects.